To Sir, with Love

  • September 16, 2018 / 16:00
  • September 29, 2018 / 18:00

Director: James Clavell
Cast: Sidney Poitier, Judy Geeson, Christian Roberts, Ann Bell
UK, 1967, 105', color, English with Turkish subtitles
 
To Sir, with Love, a British film drama, released in 1967, was especially noted for Sidney Poitier’s powerful performance. Poitier played Mark Thackeray, a charismatic school teacher in London at the height of the youthful “mod” movement of the 1960s. He is assigned to a high school where discipline has completely broken down and the delinquents rule. With his innovative teaching methods, Thackeray earns the respect and admiration of his students. With its sentimental story and Poitier’s portrayal of the principled Thackeray, the film was one of the highest-grossing movies of 1967.
 

To Sir, with Love

To Sir, with Love

High School

High School

Dazed and Confused

Dazed and Confused

Kids

Kids

The Class

The Class

Fully Awake: Black Mountain College

Fully Awake: Black Mountain College

Beyond Measure

Beyond Measure

Arcadia

Arcadia

The Miseducation of Cameron Post

The Miseducation of Cameron Post

Trailer

To Sir, with Love

Symbols

Symbols

Pera Museum’s Cold Front from the Balkans exhibition curated by Ali Akay and Alenka Gregorič brings together contemporary artists from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.

Marcel Duchamp’s Bicycle Wheel

Marcel Duchamp’s Bicycle Wheel

In 1998 Ben Jakober and Yannick Vu collaborated on an obvious remake of Marcel Duchamp’s Roue de Bicyclette, his first “readymade” object. Duchamp combined a bicycle wheel, a fork and a stool to create a machine which served no purpose, subverting accepted norms of art. 

Giorgio de Chirico

Giorgio de Chirico

Giorgio de Chirico was born on July 10, 1888, in Volos, Greece, to an Italian family. His mother, Gemma Cervetto, was from a family of Genoa origin, but most likely she was born in Izmir. His father, Evaristo, was born on June 21, 1841 in the Büyükdere district of Istanbul.